- Applicant must reside in Massachusetts and support children in the Greater Boston area.
- Applicant must work directly with children in a classroom, a home setting, or in an athletic program. This includes parents, teachers, specialists or Parent Advisory Councils.
- Applicant must offer a letter of support from an administrator, department head, lead teacher, Athletic Director or parent.
- Applicant agrees to supply the Ed Walsh Foundation with a brief write-up, pictures, or documentation showing how the program was implemented.
Deadlines & Review Schedule:
Applications may be submitted anytime and when possible they will be reviewed on a rolling basis. At a minimum, grants will be awarded two times per year. The Foundation reserves the right to award grants at any time, particularly when the grant request is for a time sensitive matter.
Grant Review Process:
Applications will be reviewed by a grant review committee. Grants will be reviewed on the following basis:
- How compatible is the proposal with the purpose of the Smile-On Grant program and the mission of the Ed Walsh Foundation?
- If awarded, will the grant have a direct, immediate impact on the lives of children?
- How many children will be impacted by your program?
- Is the proposed use of the funds described in complete detail?
- Will the funds be used during the current/upcoming school year?
- Will your proposed use of the grant improve the educational experience for children?
- Will your proposal help children with learning disabilities or processing disorders?
- Will your proposal have a positive influence on the children of Boston and help put a smile on their face?
- Is the applicant a licensed, certified, or well respected professional within their chosen field?
- Overall strength and merit of the proposal.
Please complete the following form as part of your application for a Smile-On Grant.